Did you know... You can become a certified babysitter at the Y? Honestly! With offerings at all locations, we are giving young people the skills needed to keep Berkshire County kids safe! Register today!
Created by industry-leading experts, our 4-hour American Red Cross Babysitting Basics course covers a wide range of information to help new babysitters, ages 11-18, gain the skills and confidence needed to care for infants, toddlers and young children. Participants receive a printable certificate at the end of the course following the exam.
- How to care for infants, toddlers and young children
- How to choose age-appropriate activities
- How to manage challenging behaviors
- How to start your babysitting business!
- How to stay safe and what to do in an emergency, including CPR and First Aid
- August 26, 2023 8am - 12pm | Northern Berkshire Branch, 22 Brickyard Court, North Adams, MA
- Octover 7, 2023 8am - 12pm | Bennington Branch, 655 Gage Street, Bennington, VT
- November 11, 2023 8am - 12pm | Pittsfield Branch, 292 North Street, Pittsfield, MA